I was down with flu last weekend. Fever and cough made me tired and worn out. I always keep myself engaged with my busy toddler, household chores, art & craft works and much more. At times I push myself hard to finish lots of tasks at a time. Phew! Have to slow down and relax… it does affect my health!
I couldn’t get out of the bed on Sunday and was exhausted. Dear hubby made this hot soup style rasam for me. Ah… it was out of the world. We had a simple and tasty lunch. Hot steaming rasam and dhadhibojanam! Divine!!
Note: It’s really good to take yoghurt/curd even if you have cold/cough. My doctor always asks me to take yoghurt as it is the best probiotic food!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 3 cups
Tomato soup: 4oz
Garlic (Crushed): 2-3 pods
Tomato: 1 (medium sized)
Whole Black Pepper: 1 tsp
Mint leaves: few (optional)
Curry leaves: few (optional)
Cilantro: few (optional)
Mustard seeds: 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
Rasam powder: 1 tsp
Tamarind extract: 1/4 cup
Salt: to taste
Ghee: 1 tsp
- Dilute 4oz of tomato soup with 4 oz of water and heat it.
- Add the tamarind extract, tomatoes, mint leaves, curry leaves, garlic, rasam powder, salt and pepper powder.
- Keep stirring and allow the mixture to boil.
- Meanwhile heat ghee and do seasoning with mustard seeds, cumin seeds and hing.
- Add it to tomato rasam and remove from stove top.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.
Share & Enjoy! -