Wheat Dosa | Godumai dosa is one of the jiffy cooking recipes. I call this recipe as rava dosa’s sister (lol). Yup both rava dosa and wheat dosa does not require time for fermentation. Here is the wheat dosa recipe.
Wheat flour: 1 cup
Water: 2 ½ cups
Salt: to taste
Red chilies: 2 (chopped)
- Mix the wheat flour, salt and water.
- Make a thin batter without any lumps.
- Heat the oil and do seasoning with mustard, cumin seeds, red chilies and curry leaves and add it to the batter.
- Allow the batter to settle for few mins and then start making dosas.
- Serve hot.
Tips and tricks:
- You can add 2 tbsps of rice flour to the batter. This will increase the crispness of the wheat dosas.
- Onions can be added to the flour just incase u like onion wheat dosa 🙂
- I have added red chilies; the dosa tastes yummy even with green chilies.
- This recipe doesn’t require any side dish. Depending on the taste you can serve hot wheat dosas with chutney or sambar.
Share & Enjoy! -
62 replies on “Wheat Dosa | Godumai Dosai”
Looks really delicious.. nice entry..
Lovely! Never tried making dosa with just wheat flour, Just because i thought they will never come good without adding rava and rice flour.. But, yours came out perfect and delicious! Looks inviting!
Looks delicious ! I make mine similarly, will try your recipe the next time 🙂
Looks very delicious !! Another great dish with a simple recipe… 🙂
We always go for this when we want to make something really fast
this sounds great. I’ll try it out and let you know how it went!
verynice and delicious
Nice recipe Anu! Wheat dosa looks crispy n yummy. I like your recipe da, will try n see!
Thanks a lot friends. Glad that u liked the Wheat Dosa recipe. Anu, the dosas come out very crispy if the batter is thin. Also, adding 1 or 2 tbsps of rice flour does wonders 🙂
yummy in my tummy :))
Hey Anu, ur recipe is a good one too – hvnt tried without the rice flour …. will try this version with red chillies the next time 🙂
U have a nice blog girl!
Thanks skribles. Do try the recipe and let me know how it went 🙂