Rava Dosa is one of my favorite dishes. Unlike ordinary dosa, this recipe does not need much time for fermentation. For making ordinary dosa, we need to the leave the batter for about 6-7 hours to ferment. For Rava Dosa, the ingredients need to be soaked for just 1 hour. This is apt for the jiffy tiffin making.
I have used poha (aval) in preparing the Rava Dosa. I powdered the poha in the mixer. We can also use wheat/maida instead of poha.
Rice flour: 1 cup
Poha (nicely powdered): 1 cup
Rava: 2 cups
- Mix the rava, rice flour and poha with buttermilk and water.
- Make a thin batter adding enough water.
- Finely chop the onions and green chillies and add it to the batter.
- Heat the oil and do seasoning with mustard, cumin seeds and curry leaves and add it to
- Leave the batter for about 1 hour and then start making the dosa.
Tips and Tricks:
- Since Rava Dosa cannot be spread on the tawa (pan) like the ordinary dosa, we need to
pour the batter starting from outside and then finishing off in the middle.
- Cook the Rava Dosa in high flame for 1-2 minutes. After turning the Rava Dosa, change it
to low flame.
- By adjusting the flame accordingly, the Rava Dosa comes out without tearing off.
- As mentioned above, the batter should be thin enough so that it can be very easily
poured on the tawa.
Rava Dosa should be served hot with chutney or sambar.
Share & Enjoy! -