I bought sorakkai (bottle gourd) for the first time. Tried sorakkai kootu and it came out very well. Here am sharing the sorakkai kootu recipe with u all 🙂
Sorakkai (Bottle gourd): 250 gms
Moong dal: 150 gms
Coconut: 1/2 cup
Coconut oil: 1 tsp
Cooking oil: 1 tsp
Curry leaves: few
Coriander leaves: few
Salt: to taste
Turmeric powder: a pinch
Masala items for the kootu:
Kadalai parappu (Bengal gram): 2 tsps
Red chilies: 5-6
Urad dal: 1/2 tsp
Methi (Fenugreek seeds): 1/2 tsp
Asafetida: a pinch
- Fry the masala items in 1 tsp of oil and grind them adding coconut and little water.
- Clean and chop sorakkai.
- Cook sorakkai and moong dal and keep it aside.
- Add the masala paste to the cooked veggie+dal mixture.
- Add turmeric and salt and allow the mixture to boil.
- Remove it from the stove (after few mins of boiling) and add curry and corriander leaves.
- Heat coconut oil and do seasoning with mustard seeds.
- Add it to the kootu.
The sorakkai kootu can be had with rotis and rice 🙂
Share & Enjoy! -