I love kadalai urundais (Groundnut balls). I have seen people using sugar syrup to make these ladoos. But I love to add jaggery (Vellam / Gud). I couldn’t find paagu vellam (dark colored jaggery) hence this pale color. Nevertheless the taste was gud!!
Peanuts: 1 cup
Jaggery: 3/4 cup
Elachi (Cardamom) powder: a pinch
Rice flour: little (to make the ladoos)
- Roast the peanut and remove its rind.
- Add 1 tsp of water and heat the jaggery in low flame.
- Be sure to add very little water (just 1 tsp would be enough).
- Keep heating the syrup till we get 2 string consistency.
- Remove from the stove and immediately add roasted peanuts and elachi powder.
- Mix it thoroughly.
- Apply rice flour on your palms and start making ladoos 🙂
Share & Enjoy! -