While I was browsing for some cake recipes, I stumbled on Countryliving.com and found a perfect vanilla cake recipe. I liked it so much that I decided to try it! We had our friends for dinner and I made this vanilla cake for dessert. Everyone loved it!
The original recipe had 1 cup of butter (for 1 1/2 cup of flour). I had reduced the quantity of butter to 1/2 cup (8 tbsps or 1 stick or 112gms approx)
All purpose flour: 1 1/2 cups
Sugar: 1 cup (or less)
Unsalted butter: 1/2 cup
Baking powder: 1 1/2 tsps
Salt: 1/4 tsp
Vanilla extract: 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon powder: 1/4 tsp (or less) (optional)
Cardamom powder: 1/4 tsp (or less) (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 400F.
- In a bowl mix flour, salt and baking powder.
- In an electric mixer beat butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, milk, cardamom and cinnamon powder on medium until blended.
- Add it to the flour mixture and beat thoroughly.
- Coat the baking tray with butter and flour.
- Pour the batter in baking tray and bake for 30-35 mins or until done.
Share & Enjoy! -