I have a special love for Onion Tomato Curry, for this is the first recipe that I learnt to cook 🙂 When I was working for an IT giant in India, I stayed with my friends in an apartment close to work. That was when I learnt to cook! Thanks to my friends I turned into decent cook before marriage 😉
Onion Tomato Curry is a simple side dish that can prepared in a jiffy! Back home after a tiring day at office who would like to slog in the kitchen? That’s when simple dishes like this comes handy.
Onion tomato sabji (curry) goes very well with rice, dosa and (preferably with) roti… yum!
Onion: 2 medium sized (chopped)
Tomato: 3-4 medium sized (chopped)
Green chillies: 2-3 (slit length-wise)
Chilli powder: 1/2 tsp (optional)
Salt: to taste
Cooking oil: 3-4 tsps
Curry leaves: few
Cilantro: few (finely chopped)
Hing (Asafetida): a pinch
Mustard seeds: 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
Urad dal: 1/2 tsp
- Heat oil and do seasoning with mustard, cumin seeds, urad dal, curry leaves, hing, green chillies, ginger and garlic.
- When mustard spatters, add onion and sauté till it turns clear.
- Add tomatoes, chilli powder and salt.
- Cook till tomatoes turn soft.
- Add water as needed.
- Once done remove from the stove top and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve hot with rice/dosa/roti.
Share & Enjoy! -