Recently I got a box of mangoes and made mango milk shake. Still few mangoes were remaining. As usual (now starts my rant… ) we cannot expect the flavor and taste that we relish in our Indian mangoes… Leave alone the taste and flavor, not even the color can match with ours! Dear buddy Dido had suggested me to check out canned Alphonso in Indian stores. Have to do it dear, waiting for this batch to finish 🙂
I prepared mango rava kesari bath. The taste was gud but am sure it would have been heavenly with our King of fruits. I don’t like adding kesari powder/haldi (some do add it, no…. i cant!!) hence the pale color (picture below)… 🙁 I have used fresh mangoes, we can also use canned mango pulp.
Mango: 1 (medium size)
Rava (Semolina): 1 cup
Ghee: 4-5 tsps
Saffron (optional): few
Sugar: 1 cup (this depends on the sweetness of the fruit)
Elachi (Cardamom) powder: a pinch
- Wash and clean the mango.
- Peel the rind and cut it to small pieces.
- Blend in a mixer adding little water and elachi powder.
- Heat 3 tsps of ghee and roast the rava till it turns slight brownish in color.
- Keep it aside.
- Mix 1.5 cups of water with sugar and allow it to boil.
- As the sugar syrup thickens, add blended mango, saffron strands and rava.
- Allow it to cook for 15 mins in low flame.
- Meanwhile keep stirring it.
- Heat the remaining ghee and fry the cashews.
- Add it to the kesari and remove it from the stove top.
- Serve the mango rava kesari hot or cold 🙂
This yummy kesari bath participates in Srivalli’s Mango Mela event 🙂
Share & Enjoy! -