Few days ago I had prepared Pudina Kothamalli podi. This time I wanted to try with Kothamalli (Cilantro) alone. These podis are handy when we feel tired to prepare lavish lunch. Podi bug has caught me and am trying out lots of podi recipes…
Kothamalli (fresh Cilantro): 1 bunch
Chana dal (Bengal gram): 4 tsps
Urad dal (Black gram): 4 tsps
Red Chiles: 3-4
Salt: to taste
Asafetida: a pinch
Tamarind: a pinch
Cooking oil: 1tsp
- Wash and clean Cilantro.
- Heat the oil and roast the dal and red chilies in low flame.
- Once the dal turns slight brownish in color add Cilantro and shallow fry for 2 mins.
- Remove from the stove and allow it to cool.
- Now add salt, tamarind and asafetida and grind it into powder.
- Kothamalli podi (Cilantro powder) is ready to relish!
Share & Enjoy! -