This is a simple kootu recipe. I go for this when I feel bored to prepare an elaborate dish for main course. Dal and bhaji together makes the dish wholesome and nutritious!
Cabbage : 500 gms (Shredded into small pieces)
Chickpeas: 200 gms
Coconut (grated): 1/2 cup
Red chilies: 4-5
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
Coriander seeds: 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves: few
Mustard seeds: 1/4 tsp
Salt: to taste
Cooking oil: 1 tsp
- Wash and clean cabbage.
- Add salt and turmeric and cook the same.
- Cook chickpeas and keep it aside.
- Grind coconut, cumin seeds and red chilies by adding little water.
- Heat oil and do seasoning with mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Add cooked cabbage and the coconut masala.
- Keep stirring.
- Add cooked chickpeas.
- Add salt if required.
- Cook the kootu till it thickens.
If the kootu is too watery, then mix little water with 2 tsps of rice flour and add it to the kootu to get the thick consistency.
Share & Enjoy! -