Wish you all a very merry Christmas! This is my 75th post in My Scrawls 🙂 I wanted to try something sweet to celebrate the occasion. Dear reader Chitra had asked me about this recipe. She had kindled my taste buds and I wanted to taste it very badly! Why not celebrate the 75th post with sweet hayagreeva…. So tried the recipe and it came out great! Sharing it with you all 🙂
Kadalai paruppu (Bengal gram): 200 gms
Jaggery: 300 gms
Khus khus (poppy seeds): 3-4 tsps
Copra (desiccated coconut): 50 gms
Cardamom powder: 1/2 tsp
- Pressure cook kadalai paruppu and drain the water completely.
- Dry fry poppy seeds till the raw smell goes off.
- Cut copra in to small pieces.
- Mix jaggery in 1/2 cup water and allow it to boil.
- Add cooked paruppu, poppy seeds, coconut to the boiling jaggery syrup.
- Mix well and remove from the stove top.
- Fry cashews in ghee.
- Add the fried cashews and cardamom powder to the hayagriva.
- Serve hot or cold.
Share & Enjoy! -
3 replies on “Hayagreeva muddy”
Hey congrats, very happy to know this one is your 75th posting; Hayagreeva muddy looks really very delicious. Also wish you in advance as My scrawls is going to complete its successful first year. Honestly all your postings were really too good, and expect the same in future.
75 going on to 100 soon!
Hot with Ghee sprinkled to float and scoop from the edges!
That is how the taste is enhanced.Andthe only way I can relish it.
Thanks for the posting!
Chan& lalli from SRGM
Congrats on reaching this milestone. Great way to celebrate with chana dhal sweet, I prefer these type of sweets with lentils and jaggery, they are so much more healthier than the only sugar ones ! Wish you a very happy new year !