Wish you all a very merry Christmas! This is my 75th post in My Scrawls 🙂 I wanted to try something sweet to celebrate the occasion. Dear reader Chitra had asked me about this recipe. She had kindled my taste buds and I wanted to taste it very badly! Why not celebrate the 75th post with sweet hayagreeva…. So tried the recipe and it came out great! Sharing it with you all 🙂
Kadalai paruppu (Bengal gram): 200 gms
Jaggery: 300 gms
Khus khus (poppy seeds): 3-4 tsps
Copra (desiccated coconut): 50 gms
Cardamom powder: 1/2 tsp
- Pressure cook kadalai paruppu and drain the water completely.
- Dry fry poppy seeds till the raw smell goes off.
- Cut copra in to small pieces.
- Mix jaggery in 1/2 cup water and allow it to boil.
- Add cooked paruppu, poppy seeds, coconut to the boiling jaggery syrup.
- Mix well and remove from the stove top.
- Fry cashews in ghee.
- Add the fried cashews and cardamom powder to the hayagriva.
- Serve hot or cold.
Share & Enjoy! -