Belated Karthigai Deepam wishes to all. Thirukarthigai has always been very special to me. I love this festival of lights! I take immense pleasure in decorating our house with kolams and vilakkus. This year, the fun of this festival doubled, as Anna (my dad) celebrated his 60th birthday with his newborn grandson. I baked vanilla cake (Dad is not a fan of chocolates). Both mom and dad loved this special treat.
Butter: 1/2 cup
Cooking oil: 1/2 cup
Maida: 2 cups
Baking powder: 2 tsps
Sugar: 1 cup
Vanilla essence: 2 tsps
Milk: 1/2 cup
- Melt butter.
- Add sugar and vanilla essence to the butter and mix well.
- Sieve maida and baking powder.
- Add the flour mixture with butter, oil and mix well by adding milk.
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Transfer the dough into baking dish and bake the cake at 450F for 20 mins or till its done.
Share & Enjoy! -