Every time my parents leave our place, I make sure to send some home made delicacies with them. Last time they carried eggless butter biscuits with them to India. Back home folks especially my granny enjoyed them very much!
This time as usual I was hunting for eggless desserts and I came across a simple eggless cookie recipe. It was so easy that I tried the recipe right away. Needless to say it was awesome! I felt very happy when I heard from my granny that she thoroughly enjoyed the simple gift from us 🙂
Recipe Source: Sushmita’s blog
Preparation time: 45-75 mins
Cook time: 12-15 mins
All purpose flour: 1.5 cups
Cornstarch: 1/2 cup
Sugar: 1/4-1/2 cup (depending on your taste, I had used 1/2 cup)
Butter: 1 cup (8 oz)
Vanilla extract: 1 tsp
Cardamom powder: 1/4 tsp (optional)
Salt: 1/4 tsp
- Mix flour, cornstarch and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat sugar, butter and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Add to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Refrigerate the batter for 30 mins to 1 hr.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Take a spoonful of dough and press it slightly to form round cookies.
- Slight press with fork to get thin lines on the cookies (optional)
- Place the cookies on baking tray such that they are at least 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges of the cookies start to turn brown.
- Once removed from oven allow cookies to stand for 3-5 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Serve delicious cookies with tea.
Share & Enjoy! -