I bought a big box of yummy blue berries from the farmers market. I heard from a farm owner that these berries could be frozen for months together and they wont get spoiled! I have already tossed a bag in the freezer to enjoy the milkshakes in deep winter…slurp!!
I tried blue berry muffins and they came out soft and yummy 🙂 This is my first recipe using eggs! Egg is a staple diet in hubby’s family. Dear hubby was asking me to try out cakes/muffins with eggs. Finally I tried baking with eggs. To my surprise, the muffins turned out great 🙂 I had adopted the recipe from tasteofhome.com
Old-fashioned oats : 1/2 cup
Orange juice: 1/2 cup
Cooking oil: 1/2 cup
All-purpose flour: 1.5 cups
Sugar: 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp (this one for dusting the muffins)
Baking powder: 1 tsp
Salt: 1/2 tsp
Baking soda: 1/4 tsp
Blueberries: 1 cup
- Mix oats and orange juice and allow it to soak for about 5 mins.
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and sugar (1/2 cup).
- Beat oil and egg till it blends well.
- Add it to the flour mixture.
- Now add oats-orange juice mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Finally add the blue berries.
- Transfer the dough in the muffin tray.
- Sprinkle remaining sugar on the batter.
- Bake at 400F for 18-22 mins or till its done.
- Oats soaked in orange juice need not be mashed. Just make sure that you soak the oats for around 5 mins.
- Just to make sure: 1 cup = 16 tbsps = 225 gms (approx)
Share & Enjoy! -