Hello to all my dear readers. Am posting here after a very long gap! Must admit, our little prince keeps me very very busy 🙂 He is growing up very well and is all mobile. Some of you would know that I blog about our dear son and about my experience as a parent at http://www.scribbalicious.com. Hope to see you at this blog too 🙂
With a little super active kid, I don’t get time to cook elaborate meals and try out new dishes. I have discovered (!!) the art of cooking in a jiffy. From now on at least for the next few months (hope so!) you would see the jiffy recipes of this tired sleep deprived mommy 😀
I have developed a new-found interest in one pot meal! Time saving and easy to prepare yet they give the satisfaction of eating a scrumptious meal 🙂 Thanks to the internet I could find numerous single pot recipes and my sincere thanks all my virtual gurus out there 🙂
Here is the thakkali sadam recipe. Hope you all like this.
Rice: 1 cup (I used the basmati rice)
Tomatoes: 4 (nicely chopped)
Onions: 3 (chopped length wise)
Ginger and garlic: 2 tsps (finely chopped or paste)
Green chillies: 3-4 (cut length wise)
Mint leaves: few (chopped)
Cilantro: few (chopped)
Cooking oil: 3-4 tbsp
- Wash rice and soak it in water for about 10 mins.
- In the meantime, heat oil in a pressure pan and saute onions till it turns transparent.
- Then add ginger garlic paste, tomatoes, green chillies, mint and cilantro.
- Keep frying for 2-3 mins and finally add the soaked rice and fry well.
- Then add 2 cups of water and allow it to boil.
- Once the water starts boiling, close the pan.
- Put the weight and lower the flame.
- Allow the rice to cook for 10 mins and then switch it off.
- Do not wait for the whistles.
- You can also add cinnamon, clove and bay leaves to this recipe.
Share & Enjoy! -