Wishing you all a very happy Janmashtami 🙂
I wanted to try an easy yet delicious kheer to offer lord Krishna on this auspicious day. The first recipe that came to my mind is the simple and tasty badam kheer! With my little naughty Krishna around, I couldn’t make any bakshanams. All that we could do was – A simple pooja, lots of bhakthi and a simple kheer for neivedhyam 🙂
Hope you enjoy this virtual treat!!
Badam (Almond): 35-40 count
Milk: 3 cups (250 ml approx)
Sugar: 1/2 cup (or less depending on your taste)
Saffron: few strands
Elachi (Cardamom) powder: a pinch
- Soak the almond in hot water for about 15 mins.
- Remove the rind and grind it with milk.
- Mix the paste with the remaining milk.
- Heat the mixture for around 15 mins in low flame.
- Add the sugar and mix well till the sugar gets dissolved.
- Remove from the stove top and add the saffron strands.
- Add slivered almonds and elachi powder
- Serve hot/cold!
Share & Enjoy! -