After posting series of sweet recipes, today am here with easy pulikachal or puliogare mix (gojju) recipe. We just have to mix rice with this mixture and enjoy puliogare 🙂
Update (09/11/2010): I have posted another version of making puliyogare paste/mix. Hope you enjoy both the versions!
Tamarind: Lemon sized ball (This is how my mom gives the measurement 😀 )
Fenugreek seeds (Methi): 1 tbsp
Bengal gram (Chana dal): 1/2 tbsp
Red chilies: 4
Red chili powder: 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds: 1/2 tsp
Salt: as per taste
Any cooking oil- 2-3 tsp
Gingelly oil: 1 tsp
Asafetida: a pinch
Curry leaves: few
- Soak the tamarind in water and prepare a thick tamarind paste.
- Roast the methi seeds and Chana dal and powder it.
- Heat oil and do seasoning with mustard seeds, red chilies, asafetida and curry leaves.
- Now add the tamarind paste.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, powdered methi chana dal mixture and chili powder.
- Allow it to boil.
- Finally add curry leaves and remove it from the stove top.
- Now add 1 tsp of gingelly oil.
- Easy pulikachal / puliogare mix is ready.
We can also add peanuts to this recipe. Mix this with hot rice and serve with papadam / vadam 🙂
Share & Enjoy! -