Godhumai maavu (Wheat flour) vazhai elai (plantain leaf) adai recipe comes from my mom’s kitchen 🙂 Recently my mom had seen a cookery show in Vijay TV. She was so much impressed by this easy recipe that she tried it immediately and sent to me to be shared with all my readers 🙂 (Thanks mom…so sweet of u!) Am posting this recipe as narrated by my mom.
Am sending this recipe to Srivalli’s “Mithai mela” event!
Godhumai maavu (wheat flour): 1 cup
Jaggery: 1 cup
Coconut (grated): 1 cup
Elachi (Cardamom) powder: 1/2 tsp
Vazhai elai (plantain leaf) : one
Milk: sufficient amount to prepare the dough
Ghee: little (for greasing the plantain leaf)
- Mix wheat flour, grated coconut, jaggery and elachi powder.
- Add adequate amount of milk and make a soft dough.
- Make small balls out of this dough.
- Cut the vazhai elai (plantain leaf) into small square pieces.
- Take one piece of vazhai elai, apply ghee on it.
- Spread the dough ball on this greased vazhai elai.
- Place one or two cashews on it and close it with another greased vazhai elai.
- Similarly spread all balls on the greased vazhai elai.
- Place all these on idly plate and steam cook it for 4-5mins.
- Godhumai maavu vazhai elai adai is ready.
As the dish is steam cooked with vazhai elai it is very good for health and also will be very yummy.
Share & Enjoy! -