Idly with coconut chutney and dosai with peanut chutney, this is my favourite combo 🙂 At school, college and at work, I was the one to introduce peanut chutney to my friends. Dear hubby never had an idea of how peanut chutney would taste before I made it for him! Believe me folks, this chutney would taste awesome 🙂
I read in an article that peanut lovers crave novelty! They will be creative, curious and easily get bored by the usual routine 🙂 Not to forget, peanuts are good sources of many essential vitamins and minerals!!
Peanuts (groundnut): 1 cup
Red chillies: 2-3
Tamarind: Pea size ball
Salt: to taste
Curry leaves: few
Asafetida (Hing): a pinch
Mustard seeds: 1/2 tsp
Cooking oil: 1 tsp
Cumin seeds: 1/4 tsp
Note: I have tasted peanut chutney in many restaurants where they prepare the chutney without roasting peanuts. I do not like the taste of raw peanut chutney. I prefer to use roasted nuts. You can add 1-2 extra chillies to enjoy spicy tangy peanut chutney.
- Roast peanuts until you smell aroma the of fried nuts.
- Allow it cool.
- Grind roasted peanuts along with salt, red chillies, tamarind and water till you get paste like consistency.
- Add water as needed.
- Once done, transfer the chutney to serving bowl.
- Heat oil and do seasoning with mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and Asafetida.
- Add it to the chutney and mix well.
- Serve with dosa/idly!
Share & Enjoy! -