Ever thought of preparing kheer without using stove? Here is such recipe using khus khus (Gasagasa). This is my mom’s special dessert. Simple yet delicious 🙂
Khus Khus: 4 tbsp
Badam (Almonds): few (fistful)
Kaju (Cashew): few (fistful)
Copra (Dessicated coconut): 1 cup
Elachi (Cardamom) powder: 1/2 tsp
Kalkandu (rock candy or rock sugar): 5-6 (Big ones)
Boiled milk: 1/2 litre
- Soak khus khus, badam and kaju overnight in water.
- Add copra and grind them to a fine paste.
- Coarsely powder kalkandu.
- Add powdered kalkandu and elachi to the khus khus paste.
- Allow boiled milk to cool and add it to the khus khus paste.
- Khus khus kheer is ready! Serve chill.
Health benefits of poppy seeds:
Poppy seeds protects heart against cardiovascular diseases. Poppy seed oil prevents breast cancer. Poppy seeds with sugar can be taken to cure insomnia.
Share & Enjoy! -