Belated navarathri wishes! Last week was fun, We celebrated navarathri kolu and our darling son’s first birthday 🙂 I made different varieties of sundal for prasadam. Unfortunately I was too busy that I couldnt post the recipes in my blog. Better late than never 😎
Here is the simple navarathri recipe – Kadalai paruppu sundal and my navarathri tambulam 🙂
Kadalai paruppu (Bengal gram) – 1 cup
Curry leaves: few
Asafetida: a pinch
Red /Green chillies: 2 – 3
Mustard seeds: 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
Salt: to taste
Cooking oil: 2 tsps
- Wash and soak kadalai paruppu in water for about an hour.
- Add salt and pressure cook it for 2 whistles.
- Drain the water completely.
- Heat oil and do seasoning with mustard, cumin seeds, asafetida, chillies and curry leaves.
- Add the cooked dal and sauté for 2-3 mins.
- Remove from the stove top.
- Enjoy the simple and nutritious sundal 🙂
PS: After removing the sundal from the stove, you can garnish it with grated coconut (5-6 tsps).
Share & Enjoy! -