Pulaos, Baths and variety rice are always a hit in my home. Dear hubby loves them more than the usual sambar/pitlai/rasam! Now our 13 month old son has joined this gang. He loves all the variety rice that I prepare. All the more reason to cook delicious variety rice recipes 🙂
I prepared peas pulao for our weekend lunch. It tasted awesome!!! Here is the simple green peas pulav recipe.
Peas: 1 cup
Potatoes: 2 (cut into medium sized cubes)
Onions: 2 (chopped length wise)
Ginger & garlic: 2 tbsp (minced)
Cilantro: Handful (chopped)
Mint leaves: Handful (chopped)
Green chillies: 3 (slit length wise)
Oil: 4 tsp
Salt: to taste
Cinnamon powder: 1/4 tsp
Bay leaves: few
Note: I have used frozen peas in this recipe. If you use fresh peas, boil them with little salt and then use them in the recipe.
- Wash & soak rice for 15-20 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a pressure pan and sauté onions till transparent.
- Add ginger, garlic and potatoes and fry them for few minutes.
- Add the cinnamon powder and cloves.
- Then add the soaked rice and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add peas, mint leaves, cilantro and bay leaves.
- Finally add water and salt.
- When water starts to boil, close the pressure pan and put the weight.
- Simmer the stove and cook for 1 whistle.
- Wait for the pressure to settle and then open the pan.
- Serve the aloo peas pulao with raita and chips!
Share & Enjoy! -