Back to blogging after a long time ! 🙂 I tried chinna vengaya gotsu (eerulli in kannada). It was super tasty! Sharing this recipe with you all 🙂
Chinna vengayam (chopped): 100 gms
Cooking oil: 4 tsp
Gingely oil: 3 tsp
Curry leaves: few
Salt: to taste
Tamarind: lemon size
Ingredients to prepare Gojju podi:
Red chilies: 5-6
Coriander seeds: 2 tsp
Toor Dal: 1 tsp
Pepper: 1/2 tsp
Bengal gram: 1/2 tsp
Fenugreek seeds: 1/4 tsp
Asafetida: a pinch
- Dry fry the gojju (gotsu) podi ingredients and powder them.
- Heat oil and do seasoning with mustard seeds, asafetida and curry leaves.
- Saute onion (chinna vengayam) till it turns slight brownish in color.
- Add gojju podi.
- Extract the tamarind juice from the pulp and add it to the sauteed onion.
- Allow the mixture to boil.
- Add salt and turmeric and keep boiling till the raw smell of tamarind vanishes.
- Switch off the stove and add 3 tsps of gingely oil to the gojju.
- Tasty gojju is ready!!! 🙂
Share & Enjoy! -