I very badly wanted to taste kaju katli. Its my hubby’s favorite too. I started off grinding Kaju (cashew) only then I realized that I dont have ghee and I had to buy it 😀 Nothing could stop me. I somehow ended up preparing the kaju burfi without ghee (believe me no ghee at all). The taste was too gud! Since I didnt have ghee I made kaju burfis and rolls instead of making katlis. Here is the kaju roll recipe.
Cashews: 2.5 cups
Water: 1/2 cup
Elachi (Cardamom) powder:1/2 tsp
- Roast the cashews without oil/ghee for just 2 mins.
- Grind the cashews as coarse powder.
- Mix sugar in water and allow it to boil.
- Keep boiling till we get one string consistency.
- Remove it from the stove top.
- Add the powdered cashew and elachi to the sugar syrup.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Spread the mixture on a greased plate.
- Cut it into pieces to enjoy the kaju katli.
Since I didnt have ghee/butter to grease the plate and spread the mixture, I prepared Kaju rolls by rolling the mixture (into cylindrical shape). I didnt apply ghee/butter to my hands before rolling them, still it came our very well without sticking to my hands 🙂
Share & Enjoy! -