This recipe is the brainchild of my dear sister Sri! She is a gr8 fan of condensed milk 😀 She has tried the carrot burfi using her favorite condensed milk and sent it across to be shared with all my dear readers 🙂
Carrot (grated): 4 cups
Sugar: 3 cups
Milk: 3 cups
Khus khus (poppy seeds): 2 tsps
Coconut (grated): 1 cup
Cashew nuts: few
Elachi powder (cardamom): 1/2 tsp
Ghee: 5 tsps
Condensed milk: 1/2 cup
- Add milk to the grated carrot and pressure cook it.
- Roast poppy seeds, coconut and cashew nuts and then powder them.
- Mix sugar with little water and boil it till we get one string consistency.
- Now add the cooked carrot, powdered poppy seed – coconut mixture, condensed milk, elachi powder and stir well.
- Once the mixture becomes thick, add ghee and remove it from the stove top.
- Spread it on a greased plate and cut into pieces.
- Carrot burfi is ready 🙂
Note: You can adjust the amount of sugar depending on the taste 🙂
Share & Enjoy! -