I love the festival chitra purnami. My mom would prepare a lavish dinner with all mixed rice (Kalavai sadam) varieties. Though I dont get time to prepare all the mixed rice varieties at a time, I still enjoy relishing them one at a time. Tried this simple coconut rice and am sharing this with u all 🙂
Coconut (grated): 1 cup
Mustard, Cumin seeds, urad dal: For seasoning
Curry leaves: few
Green chilies: few
Asafetida: a pinch
Salt: to taste
- Wash and cook rice.
- Heat little oil and do seasoning with mustard, cumin seeds, urad dal, Green chilies, asafetida and curry leaves.
- Add peanuts and fry it for 2 mins.
- Add the grated coconut and fry the mixture (in low flame) for 2-3 mins.
- Remove the mixture from stove top and add salt to it.
- Now add this mixture to the cooked rice and mix thoroughly.
- Coconut rice is ready!
We can also add onions (saute it before adding coconut) and fried cashews to this recipe.
Share & Enjoy! -