I have had Aloo (potato) palak(spinach) sabji in most of the Indian restaurants here. But never tried this combo at home. I love palak sabji. Thought of adding aloo this time. Taste was yum! Here is the Aloo palak sabji recipe.
Aloo (Potatoes): 250 gms
Palak (Spinach): a bunch
Green chilies: 3-4
Salt: to taste
Coriander: 1 tsp
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
Oil: 2 tsps
- Wash and clean the veggies.
- Cut them into small pieces.
- Heat oil and do seasoning with mustard seeds, urad dal and red chilies.
- Fry potatoes for few mins.
- Now add shredded spinach and fry for 2-3 mins.
- Grind coriander seeds and cumin seeds into powder.
- Mix this powder with the curry and stir well.
- Add salt to the curry.
- Sprinkle little water, close the pan and cook the curry for 7-10 mins.
- Tasty Aloo palak is ready.
Making kids eat greens would be a great prob. Though I haven’t experienced this yet, I have seen my nephew throwing out all curry leaves (coz they are greens… troubling his sambar rice 😆 ) I believe adding potatoes (Most of the kids adore this veggie) would be a good idea to make kids eat the greens too… With this hope, am sending this recipe to Pavani’s Cooking for Kids – Leafy greens event which is the brain child of Sharmi 🙂
Share & Enjoy! -