Godhumai maavu (Wheat flour) vazhai elai (plantain leaf) adai recipe comes from my mom’s kitchen Recently my mom had seen a cookery show in Vijay TV. She was so much impressed by this easy recipe that she tried it immediately and sent to me to be shared with all my readers (Thanks mom…so sweet of u!) Am posting this recipe as narrated by my mom.
Am sending this recipe to Srivalli’s “Mithai mela” event!
Godhumai maavu (wheat flour): 1 cup
Jaggery: 1 cup
Coconut (grated): 1 cup
Elachi (Cardamom) powder: 1/2 tsp
Vazhai elai (plantain leaf) : one
Milk: sufficient amount to prepare the dough
Ghee: little (for greasing the plantain leaf)
- Mix wheat flour, grated coconut, jaggery and elachi powder.
- Add adequate amount of milk and make a soft dough.
- Make small balls out of this dough.
- Cut the vazhai elai (plantain leaf) into small square pieces.
- Take one piece of vazhai elai, apply ghee on it.
- Spread the dough ball on this greased vazhai elai.
- Place one or two cashews on it and close it with another greased vazhai elai.
- Similarly spread all balls on the greased vazhai elai.
- Place all these on idly plate and steam cook it for 4-5mins.
- Godhumai maavu vazhai elai adai is ready.
As the dish is steam cooked with vazhai elai it is very good for health and also will be very yummy.
Share & Enjoy! -