I love sweets. Most of the posts in Anu’s kitchen would be a simple dessert/sweet 😀 Here am posting the next sweet recipe. A easy and jiffy sweet “Rava Laddu” (Its called ravaa che laddoo in Marathi, my mother tongue 🙂 ) There are various ways to prepare this. Here is a simple one.
Rava (semolina) : 1 cup
Sugar: 1 cup
Elachi (cardamom) powder: 1 tsp
Ghee: 1/4 cup
Hot Milk (to make laddoos): 1/2 cup
- Roast the rava till it turns slightly brownish in color.
- Allow it to cool.
- Fry the cashews in ghee.
- Add the fried cashews, sugar, elachi powder and ghee to the roasted rava.
- Add the milk little by little and make small balls out of the rava-sugar mixture
- Rava laddoo is ready to relish.
- Since we add milk, the laddoos should be finished off within 2 days.
- We can add coconut too, but I do not like the taste of coconut in this laddoo 🙂
- Some even powder the roasted rava and sugar and then make laddoos. Either way it tastes gud!
Share & Enjoy! -