I’m a great fan of chai/tea. Hot tea, preferably with spices always revives me from tiredness/stress!
Tea powder: 2 tsps
Ginger: a small piece (1/4 inch)
Cinnamon: 1/2 inch bark
Cardamom: 3 pods
Milk: 1.25 cups
Water: 1 cup
- I have used fresh ginger to make the masala chai powder. If you have powdered ginger and cinnamon, use 1/4 tsp of each in the recipe.
- I always prefer boiling tea powder & spices with water and then add milk to it. Some may not like to use water. You can follow your method of tea preparation. Just remember to add the spices to give it a masala flavour 🙂
- Crush ginger, cinnamon, clove and cardamom using a pestle.
- Add tea powder and crushed spices with water and allow it to boil.
- Then add milk and boil it for a minute.
- Remove from the stove top, strain the tea, add sugar and enjoy your cup of masala tea/chai!
Share & Enjoy! -