Maddur is small town in the Mandya district which lies between the cities Bangalore and Mysore. Maddur is famous for the snack “Maddur vada”. One cannot resist the smell of these yummy vadas 🙂 I have always relished these vadas during my travel from Banglore to Mysore. Maddur vada can be prepared instantly unlike “Medhu vadai”/”Masala vadai”. We need not soak the dals / grind it. This is yet another jiffy snack recipe.
This simple and quick snack makes its way to EC’s WYF-Quick Meal event.
Semolina (Rava): 1 cup
Rice flour: 1 cup
Maida / Wheat flour: 3/4 cup
Salt: to taste
Onion (Chopped): 1/2 cup
Red chilli powder: 1/2 tsp
Green chillies: 2-3
Curry leaves (Chopped): few
Coriander leaves (Chopped): few
Asafetida (hing): a pinch
Oil: to fry
- Heat 3-4 tsps of oil.
- Mix rava, rice flour and maida and salt.
- Add onions, red chilli powder, green chillies, curry leaves, coriander leaves and hing to the mixture.
- Make a dough adding oil and water.
- Ensure that there are no lumps.
- Take small amount of the dough and shape the vada by patting it on ur palm.
- Sprinkle water on ur palm to avoid stickiness.
- Deep fry the vadas.
Some people shallow fry rava, rice flour and maida mixture before making the dough. Either way the Maddur vadas tastes gud!
Share & Enjoy! -