I found this Egg less Date Walnut Cake in the dessert section in Sify Food. I had slightly changed the proportions of the ingredients. This is the first cake that I baked even before the Banana Rava Cake. But posting the recipe bit late. The cake came out very well and I was happy about my first baking experience. Here is the egg less date cake recipe.
Dates (seed removed): ½ cup
Sugar: ½ cup
Oil: ¼ cup
Chopped nuts: ½ cup
Yogut: 2 tbsp
Milk: ¼ cup
All purpose flour: 1 cup
Baking soda: 1 tsp
Cardamom powder: a pinch
Chocolate Chips: 2 tsp
- Grind together dates, sugar, milk and yogurt into smooth paste.
- Pour the paste in a mixing bowl and add oil.
- Mix the oil with the date paste.
- Mix the flour and the baking soda and sieve it.
- Add this to the date paste along with the nuts and cardamom powder.
- Mix the batter nicely till air starts getting in.
- Preheat the oven at 350F.
- Grease the baking dish with little oil and the flour.
- Pour the batter in the cake mould and allow it to settle.
- Spread the chocolate chips and nuts on the batter
- Bake it at 350F for about 50 mins or till a knife inserted comes out clean.
Share & Enjoy! -