I recently came across Jamie Oliver’s Almond and pine nut cookies recipe in a magazine. I didn’t have eggs and pine nuts at home. Yet I wanted to try the cookies! So I tweaked the recipe and made my version of “Eggless almond cookies”.
I have used honey in the recipe. Feel free to use golden syrup if you don’t like honey.
Time Taken: 20 min
Serves: 20 cookies
All purpose flour: 1 cup
Almond: 1 cup
Butter: 8 tbsp (120 gm melted)
Light brown sugar: 1/4 cup
Sugar: 1/4 cup
Pure vanilla extract: 1 tbsp
Honey: 1 tbsp
Baking powder: 1/4 tsp
Salt: 1/8 tsp
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Spread almonds on baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes or until they begin to color slightly.
- Save a handful of nuts and blitz the rest to coarse crumbs.
- Mix flour, butter, sugars, honey, vanilla extract and nut crumbs.
- Blend until nice and smooth.
- Chop the remaining nuts and add it to the dough.
- Line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Take a spoonful of dough and press it slightly to form round cookies.
- Place the cookies on baking tray such that they are at least 1 inch apart.
- Bake them for 16-18 minutes or until it turns golden in color.
- Once done allow the cookies to cool on a wire rack.
- Enjoy the eggless almond cookies with milk/tea.
It is perfectly fine if the cookies are soft in the middle when you take them off the oven. They will harden as they cool.
Share & Enjoy! -