Kadalai paruppu chutney is yet another jiffy cooking dish. Unlike other chutneys this one can be had with rice too. I usually prepare this chutney without adding too much water (bit thick). It tastes heavenly when it is taken with hot rice and nalla ennai (Gingelly oil).
Kadalai paruppu (Bengal gram): 1 cup
Ginger: small piece
Coriander leaves: few
Red chilies: 3
Salt: to taste
Tamarind: a pinch
Coconut: as per taste
Asafetida: a pinch
- Heat little oil and roast the kadalai paruppu and red chilies.
- Add asafetida to it.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- Add coconut, coriander leaves, salt, ginger and tamarind to the mixture.
- Add little water and grind it.
- Serve with hot rice, idly, dosa or chappathi.
- You can also add garlic to the recipe.
- Green chilies can be used instead of red chilies. Both ways the chutney tastes yummy.
Share & Enjoy! -