I bought lot of bananas and they were sitting idle in our counter top. They were ripe enough that we wanted finish them off. As I was surfing the net to find recipes using bananas, I came across the lovely “Aayis Recipes”, where I found the Eggless Banana Cake with Rava! The recipe sounded so easy that I wanted to try it immediately. I made few changes to the recipe. Here is my version of the Banana Rava Cake!
Ripe bananas 2
Rava 1 cup
Baking powder 1 tsp
Cardamom powder ½ tsp
Milk 2 cups
Sugar ½ cup
Cashewnuts 1 tsp
Chocolate chips ½ tsp
- Roast the rava till it turns slightly brown.
- Soak the rava in milk for 2 hours.
- Nicely mash the bananas.
- Add mashed bananas and sugar to the soaked rava.
- Now add baking powder, cardamom powder, cashews and the chocolate chips.
- Preheat the oven at 350F for 10 mins.
- Take a baking dish and slightly apply ghee to it.
- Pour the cake batter in the baking dish and slide it in the oven.
- Bake at 350F for about 35 mins.
- After around 30 mins, pierce a knife at the center of the cake.
- If it comes out clean, then the cake is done!
The Banana Rava Cake tasted yummy.
Tip: You can also use coconut milk for soaking the rava.
Share & Enjoy! -