Recently I got to know about the famous Andhra recipe “Bendekaya chutney”. Since we like Andhra food a lot, I wanted to give a try. I slightly changed the Okra chutney recipe of Priya and ended up with my version. Here is the hot Bhindi chutney – Okra chutney!!
Okra – 100 gms
Coriander seeds – ½ tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
Red Chilies – 3
Tamarind – a pinch
Hing or Asafetida – pinch
Salt – to taste
- Heat oil and do seasoning with mustard, cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- Add the red chilies, coriander seeds, Asafetida and fry them in low flame.
- Allow them to cool. Meanwhile, deep fry okra in oil.
- Grind the fried okra and the seasoned mixture with salt and tamarind.
- Okra Chutney is ready to relish!
Okra chutney – Bhindi chutney can be had with Rice, Dosa or Idly.
Tips and Tricks:
- Deep fry the okra such that the stickiness goes off.
- Do not add water while grinding the mixture.
- We can also add garlic to this recipe.
Share & Enjoy! -