Fall is famous for apples and in the last 2 months, every time I visited farmer’s market, grocery shop or farms, I bought loads of apples. Last batch was sitting in my fridge and I wanted to finish it off before our India trip! Thought of making apple cake so that hubby pie would also indulge in enjoying the fruit (as a cake) 🙂
I got this apple cake recipe from allrecipes.com, I have tweaked the recipe according to our taste. This is a simple snack that would be perfect with a cup of hot tea!
All purpose flour: 2 cups
Sugar: 1/2 cup
Cooking oil: 1/2 cup
Vanilla extract: 1/2 tsp
Baking powder: 1 tsp
Salt: 1/2 tsp
Apple: 4 or 5 (medium sized)
Note: The original recipe had 1 cup of oil and 2 cups of sugar. I purposely reduced the quantity of sugar, since the apples I had used in the recipe were already very sweet! In the original recipe, the apples were diced. In my version, I have grated them.
- Core, peel and grate the apples.
- Mix eggs and oil and beat them until creamy.
- Then add sugar and vanilla extract and beat very well.
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder, add it to the egg mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Then add the grated apples to the batter and mix well.
- Grease the baking pan and spread batter in it.
- Preheat the oven at 350F and bake the cake for about 35-45 mins (or until done).
- Cool and serve!
Share & Enjoy! -