Its time to spring forward! Day light saving has started… yay more sunlight in the evenings 🙂 Temperature is improving here in the windy city. For the past one week we are enjoying mid 40s… smelling spring in the air 😀
I bought fresh yellow and red bell pepper and tried variety rice using them. It was delicious. I observed that yellow and red bell pepper are bit sweet as opposed to the green ones. Here is the tasty bell pepper rice recipe.
Bell pepper (Capsicum): 2
Ginger-garlic paste: 1 tsp
Pepper (powdered): 1 tsp
Salt: to taste
Curry leaves: few
Asafetida (Hing): a pinch
Cooking oil: for seasoning
Rice: 1 cup
- Cook rice and keep it aside.
- Chop onion and bell peppers.
- Heat oil and do seasoning with mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal (Black gram) and curry leaves.
- Add onions and saute till they turn brownish in color.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and bell peppers.
- Fry them till bell peppers turn soft.
- Add salt, asafetida and pepper powder.
- Remove from the stove top.
- Now mix rice with this curry and enjoy spicy bell pepper rice.
Wishing you all a very happy Ugadi / Gudi padwa 🙂
Share & Enjoy! -
17 replies on “Capsicum Bath | Bell Pepper Rice”
My fav dish.. looks inviting.. first time here.. nice site.. 🙂
very nice. temts to taste.colourful dish
Particularly the Green!
Taste to believe on its own!
Can be used as top spread!
Looks great!And taste so too!
Side Dish[es] makes it all the more tempting.
Sukku-Jeera water goes well with it!
Hello Anu..Nice bell pepper rice..rice vadam looks very nice too..is it home made?
Thanks Sri. Yes they are mom (home) made 😀
Hi Anu,easy to understand and simple to cook:)
Thanks Chitra 🙂
Why do u add black gram dhal? do u have to soak it before? how much u add it in?
While seasoning, we generally add very small quantity (say 1/4 tsp) of mustard, cumin seeds and urad dal (Black gram). This leaves a nice flavour and crunchy taste 🙂 Adding these ingredients is purely optional.
No u need not soak it before adding. Just 1/4 or 1/2 tsp of dal would do. Hope this helps. Thanks for visiting My Scrawls. Do keep in touch 🙂