Its time to spring forward! Day light saving has started… yay more sunlight in the evenings 🙂 Temperature is improving here in the windy city. For the past one week we are enjoying mid 40s… smelling spring in the air 😀
I bought fresh yellow and red bell pepper and tried variety rice using them. It was delicious. I observed that yellow and red bell pepper are bit sweet as opposed to the green ones. Here is the tasty bell pepper rice recipe.
Bell pepper (Capsicum): 2
Ginger-garlic paste: 1 tsp
Pepper (powdered): 1 tsp
Salt: to taste
Curry leaves: few
Asafetida (Hing): a pinch
Cooking oil: for seasoning
Rice: 1 cup
- Cook rice and keep it aside.
- Chop onion and bell peppers.
- Heat oil and do seasoning with mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal (Black gram) and curry leaves.
- Add onions and saute till they turn brownish in color.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and bell peppers.
- Fry them till bell peppers turn soft.
- Add salt, asafetida and pepper powder.
- Remove from the stove top.
- Now mix rice with this curry and enjoy spicy bell pepper rice.
Wishing you all a very happy Ugadi / Gudi padwa 🙂
Share & Enjoy! -