Fresh coconut was sitting in the fridge for a long time. Wanted to finish it off! I raided the fridge and got few veggies (end of the week…reminds to me to do grocery shopping ) Had all the necessary ingredients, so prepared avial 🙂 Sharing the recipe with u all.
Vegetables (Beans, Carrot, Potato, Drumstick, Raw banana or plantain): 1 cup (Any/all of these cut in to medium size)
Curd / Yogurt: 1/2 cup
Coconut (grated): 1/2 cup
Cumin seeds: 2 tsps
Green chilies: 4-5
Curry leaves: few
Oil (Preferably coconut oil): 1 tsp
- Cook the vegetables with little salt and keep them aside.
- Grind coconut, cumin seeds and green chilies in a mixer.
- Mix it with the cooked vegetables and heat in it a kadai (pan).
- Allow it to cook for few mins.
- Reduce the heat, add curd and little water and stir well.
- Allow it to cook for 1-2 mins and then remove it from the stove top.
- Add the curry leaves.
- Heat coconut oil and mix it with the avial.
- Tasty avial is ready 🙂
Share & Enjoy! -