Wishing you all a very happy Holi 🙂 Am here with a Holi (virtual) treat – Dry fruits ladoo!! A healthy and tasty recipe that everyone would love.
Dry dates (Khajur): 100 gms
Cashew: 100 gms
Raisin: 100 gms
Almond: 100 gms
Edible gum: 50 gms
Dessicated coconut (Copra): 50 gms (grated)
Poppy seeds (Khus khus): 50 gms
Jaggery: 250 gms
Ghee: 250 gms
- Heat ghee and fry dry dates, gum, almonds, raisins, cashews, copra and poppy seeds.
- Make sure that they are not over fried!
- Allow the mixture to cool and then coarsely powder it.
- Mix jaggery in water (1 tbsp is enough) and allow it to boil.
- Keep boiling till we get one string consistency.
- Remove it from the stove top.
- Now add dates/nut mixture with jaggery syrup and start making ladoos.
Dinkache ladoo is usually given to nursing mothers. The dry fruits and nuts provide the nutrients and strength to the new mother.
Share & Enjoy! -