Idly with coconut chutney and dosai with peanut chutney, this is my favourite combo At school, college and at work, I was the one to introduce peanut chutney to my friends. Dear hubby never had an idea of how peanut chutney would taste before I made it for him! Believe me folks, this chutney would taste awesome
I read in an article that peanut lovers crave novelty! They will be creative, curious and easily get bored by the usual routine Not to forget, peanuts are good sources of many essential vitamins and minerals!!
Peanuts (groundnut): 1 cup
Red chillies: 2-3
Tamarind: Pea size ball
Salt: to taste
Curry leaves: few
Asafetida (Hing): a pinch
Mustard seeds: 1/2 tsp
Cooking oil: 1 tsp
Cumin seeds: 1/4 tsp
Note: I have tasted peanut chutney in many restaurants where they prepare the chutney without roasting peanuts. I do not like the taste of raw peanut chutney. I prefer to use roasted nuts. You can add 1-2 extra chillies to enjoy spicy tangy peanut chutney.
- Roast peanuts until you smell aroma the of fried nuts.
- Allow it cool.
- Grind roasted peanuts along with salt, red chillies, tamarind and water till you get paste like consistency.
- Add water as needed.
- Once done, transfer the chutney to serving bowl.
- Heat oil and do seasoning with mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and Asafetida.
- Add it to the chutney and mix well.
- Serve with dosa/idly!
Share & Enjoy! -