Carrot, Beans, Okra, Egg plant, Tindora… ah… boring to repeat the same! Why not try out a new veggie? I shop groceries at an international fresh market. In the vegetable aisle, there are so many veggies that I haven’t tasted in my life! The name “Zucchini” amused me and I bought it too.
I started surfing the net so as to find out what could be prepared with this. Here is the dish that my neighbor suggested me. All she mentioned was to shallow fry zucchini with onions and bake it. I modified, giving it a slight Indian touch, by adding garam masala 🙂
Salt to taste
- Peel and chop the zucchini.
- Heat oil and do seasoning with mustard, cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- Saute onion till it turns brownish. Toss it with zucchini and tomatoes.
- Add salt, pepper powder and garam masala.
- After tempering, bake the mixture at 350C for 30 minutes.
- Zucchini curry is ready!
This zucchini poriyal – curry – bhaji can be had with Rice, Chappathi or Dosa. We used zucchini curry to prepare bread sandwich. It tasted yummy!!
PS: Instead of baking the curry, we can deep fry the zucchini (as we do Okra / Potato fry)
Share & Enjoy! -