Kadalai Maavu (Bengal gram flour) cake is a sweet prepared at my Aaji’s (granny) place for Deepavali 🙂 This sweet reminds us of the mysore pak. Hence I have named it as “jiffy mysore pak” 😀
Am sending this sweet recipe to Srivalli’s Mithai Mela.
Kadalai Maavu:1 cup
Ghee: 1.5 cups
Sugar: 3 cups
Elachi (Cardamom) powder: 1/2 tsp
- Roast the kadalai maavu till it turns slight brownish in color.
- Add sugar and ghee with it and stir well.
- Cook till the mixture turns frothy and ghee separates.
- Now add Elachi powder.
- Remove from the stove top and spread it on a greased plate.
- Cut it into squares.
- Kadalai maavu cake is ready
Share & Enjoy! -