Happy to meet everyone after a fabulous weekend. We had blasting time celebrating hubby pie’s birthday. I was busy preparing his favorite dishes. This time I made his choice Dum Aloo. Thanks to Bhawana, I followed her recipe with little alterations. Here is my version of Dum Aloo recipe.
Ingredients: (Serves 2 people)
Potatoes: 3 medium sized
Onion: 2 medium sized
Tomato puree: 3 tbsp
Lemon juice: 2 tsp
Ginger-Garlic paste: ½ tsp
Green chilies: 3
Red chili powder: 2 tsp
Salt: to taste
Coriander leaves: for garnishing
Garam masala: ½ tsp
- Boil and peel the potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes into medium sized cubes.
- Fry the potatoes in oil till they turn golden brown in color.
- Remove excess oil using tissue paper.
- Prick them few times on all sides using a toothpick or fork.
- Grind the onion, almonds and cashews into fine paste.
- Heat oil and do seasoning with mustard and cumin seeds.
- Add green chilies, ginger-garlic paste and onion paste.
- Sauté till the paste turns brown in color.
- Now add tomato puree and cook for another 2 mins.
- Add garam masala, salt, red chili powder and cook it till the raw smell vanishes.
- Now add one cup of water, lemon juice and the fried potatoes and stir well.
- Cook the potatoes in the gravy for about 10-15 mins.
- Garnish with the coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rotis or rice.
Tips and tricks:
Use baby potatoes to prepare Dum Aloo.
Share & Enjoy! -