Hope everyone had a nice long weekend in this warm weather We had been to Wisconsin, America’s dairy land! We enjoyed the lush green farm lands, forest preserves and pure Michigan lake. We were surrounded by greenish color everywhere and it was very much soothing to our eyes. Green is my favorite color Wanted to try something green for the lunch too… so tried my fav pudina podi I added fresh coriander ( cilantro) leaves and the taste was very gud!!!
Pudina (Mint): 1 bunch
Coriander (Cilantro) leaves: 1 bunch
Channa dal (Bengal gram): 5 tsps
Urad dal (Black gram):5 tsps
Red Chilies: 3
Asafetida: a pinch
Salt: to taste
Tamarind: a pinch
Cooking oil: 1 tsp
- Wash and clean the greens.
- Heat the oil and roast the dal and red chilies in low flame.
- Once the dal turns slight brownish in color add the greens and shallow fry for 2 mins.
- Remove from the stove and allow it to cool.
- Now add salt, tamarind and asafetida and grind it into powder.
- Pudina Kothamalli podi is ready to relish!
Share & Enjoy! -